"Life is a journey, not a destination" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life is a journey, not a destination" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 1: Waste No Time

Made it to Dublin!
A beautiful, diverse city, buzzing with activity and a pub on every corner. Also saw a guy with dreads all the way down to his knees. I applauded his perseverance: that must have taken years! Overall, great first impressions of the city. Friendly people and plenty to see and do.

I was too excited to really sleep on the plane, so when I arrived in Dublin at 8:30AM today, my energy tank was on empty. Nevertheless, I hopped on a bus and went straight from the airport to  a 3-hour walking tour of Dublin. Definitely running on just fumes at this point. After the tour, went to a local pub and grabbed a quick meal of true comfort food: Irish beef and Guinness Stew with cabbage and potatoes. Mmm. Now all I want to do is go take a long nap in one of the many beautiful parks in the city. And that's just what I'm going to do.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment